2. All wisdom and understanding. Proverbs tells us that wisdom is desired above all riches. How rich would we be with the wisdom that comes from God! Our requirement: to be prudent. In other words, use God's wisdom in our life. Solomon had great God-given wisdom, but it didn't do him any good in the latter part of his life. The king had married foreign wives and then allowed them to have altars to their gods. This caused the kingdom to fall. We need to apply the wisdom appropriately in our lives.
3. Walk worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him in all things (another version says). Here is a requirement that will reap benefits if we daily do this.
4. Being fruitful for every good work. This is both a requirement and a benefit! We must bear fruit for Him or we will be cut from the vine and cast into the fire. On the other hand, there is great pleasure in knowing that we have done as the Lord commanded us. We will know our reward will come from Him.
5. Increasing in the knowledge of God. The more we know of Him, the more we want to be like Him. Again our requirement is to study in order to increase. Our benefit is my next point.
6. Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power. Strengthened with His power!?! That is an amazing thought! Not only will we be made strong, but we will be with God's unlimited power! What will power we may have over temptation if we accept this benefit!
7. Patience and longsuffering with joy. I don't know about you, but patience and longsuffering is something that I am in short supply of. This benefit is definitely one I need! And to have it with joy as well is even more amazing!
8. Giving thanks to the Father. We have received these benefits, now what do we do? Our requirement: say thank you! We expect people to say thank you when we give a gift, why do we not thank our heavenly Father for the good things He gives us?
9. Qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints of light. Qualify means to have the qualities needed for a person to fill a position. We couldn't do this on our own, He made it so. Our requirement: to partake of the opportunity given! We have a choice, let us not throw it away by choosing the pleasures of this life over the next!
10. Delivered us from the power of darkness. The devil is powerful, yes, but God is more powerful. He has delivered us from being bound by the devil - only God could do that!
11. Conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love. The word 'conveyed' makes me think of riding in a bus or taxi. We are brought from one place to another. He has brought us out of the darkness and to the light. Our requirement: this is not a free ride. We must work in the kingdom!
12. We have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. What a benefit! We were unworthy; we could never be redeemed on our own power. But through the power of Christ's blood we have redemption and the forgiveness of sins. Our requirement: to come in contact with the blood to have that redemption and forgiveness.